If you enjoy going camping, traveling across the country in your RV or you love spending weekends at your vacation home and away from the noisy city, then you most likely need a reliable generator to account for the worst. On the other hand, it does not hurt to have a generator in your home because storms and bad weather that can always lead to a power outage. And, nothing fits the aforementioned description better than the DS4000S generator from DuroStar.
Available in a compact design and offering extra portability, this gas fueled generator is a great device to keep most of your household appliances up and running for 8 consecutive hours. Not only will it keep the power running so you can finish your chores, but it will also operate quietly so it does not disturb you from your tasks. Let’s find out more about the features of this generator.
Features of DuroStar DS4000S
- 7.0 horsepower air-cooled overhead valve engine, EPA approved
- Integrates a recoil start capable of running approximately 3,300 watts of power constantly
- Includes two 3-prong outlets for supplying power for all household appliances and one outlet for high-power tools
- The outlets run on 120 volts 20 amps
- Incorporates a 4 gallon fuel tank and runs for 8 hours at half capacity
- Compared to other generators found on the market, this model runs impressively quiet thanks to its heavy duty, four-point isolated steel frame and muffler
- The silent operation mode (69 decibels rating) is also ensured by the super-quiet muffler
- Comes with an automatic shut down feature for the moments when it runs out of oil
- If you need extra portability for the DS4000S model, then you can order it with the optional wheel kit
- It is covered by 1 year limited warranty
The DS4000S model enjoys an impeccable reputation among customers who have given it almost a maximum rating. Frankly, the high rating does not really come as a surprise considering its features, adaptability and usefulness in various circumstances.
For starters, what impresses about this DuroStar model is that even though it is made of quality materials and integrates features similar to more expensive generators, it is highly affordable. Essentially, if you were to compare it with other models, you will definitely conclude that this is the best price-power ratio you can obtain.
In addition, most customers have been pleased with the fact that, during operation, the DS4000S is extremely quiet and you have complete control over it. If you have owned a generator before, then you know very well just how noisy these devices can be at times. However, thanks to the muffler as well as the isolation around the mounts, this model is as quiet as it gets.
A further benefit that makes the DS4000S stand out in the crowd consists of the EZ-Pull recoil start that is especially designed to get the generator running quickly and smoothly. To put it simply, the recoil start mechanism does not entail an electric start, an element that also implies that you will not have any trouble with the installation. It is as simple as adding oil and pulling the cord before the generator is up and running.
Moreover, the vast majority of customers have been very pleased with the automatic low-oil shut down feature, since it is an excellent method to prevent frying the engine when you forget about it for extended periods of time.
It is important to note that the DS4000S model cannot be sold to customers living in California, as it is not CARB-compliant, according to the state’s legislation. What most customers have complained about is the fact that the generator does not incorporate wheels by default, an inconvenient aspect if you were to account for the 90 pounds of the device. Nonetheless, if you really need a lot of portability from the unit, then you should also purchase the optional wheel kit available with the DS4000S generator.
Compact, versatile and with upgraded portability, the DuroStar DS4000S is the ideal model for customers who prefer going camping and travelling with the RV. However, its horsepower also makes it a good choice for critical situations like getting through a power outage and finishing a project around the home.