Since this year I’m celebrating 10 years of tailgating with my friends, I decided to make it a special event and add a small LCD TV to the picture. After two weeks of shopping around I finally bought the Hyundai Hy2000si inverted generator. While I must confess that I was mostly attractive by the price, the truth is that I discovered soon enough that I have made an overall good choice.
Features of Hyundai HY2000si 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- This Hyundai model yields a performance of 2,000 watts and can reach a peak power of 2,200 watts
- The unit is perhaps the most lightweight generator on the market, weighing around 69 pounds
- In addition to lightweight, the generator also comes in a compact design and it measurements are 22.6″ x 20.7″ x 13″
- Even though it is light and ergonomic, it packs a powerful 3.8 horsepower, 550RPM motor
- It incorporates three outlets, namely the 12V AC and two standard 120V outlets
- The 12V outlet makes this generator a great choice for users always on the road and that need to charge the batteries for various devices
- The 12V outlet integrates a Smart Power mechanism, which makes the generator safe to use with computers and sensitive electronics
- In addition, along with the generator customers will also receive the auto battery charge cables, an useful addition that will save you both time and money
- The capacity of the fuel tanks is of 1.85 gallons whilst the recommended fuel consists of unleaded gasoline
- The HX53 engine is based on a 4 stroke mechanisms, so you do not have to worry about emissions
- In spite of the fact that it is included in the no-CARB compliant list for the state of California, it is necessary to mention that this generator meets the Canadian emissions standards
- The running time of this Hyundai model is estimated at around 5:30 hours at half its capacity
- The generator is relatively silent while operating, as noise level does not exceed 65 decibels
- The quiet operation of the Hyundai models is ensured by the 3 mm Polypropylene frame, exhaust system and the muffler
- It packs a low oil indicator warning system that shuts down the generator when it is almost out of oil in order to protect the engine
- Another noteworthy safety mechanism is the circuit breaker that prevents short circuits and overloads
- The starting mechanism comprises of manual pull cord (recoil)
- The generator is covered by two years of limited warranty
The Hyundai Hy2000si has been very much appreciated and the numerous customer reviews highlighting its performance, reliability, affordability and compact, sleek design stand proof of that. Overall, this does not come as a surprise considering the reputation of this worldwide known manufacturer. The rating it has on most specialty websites is between 4.5 stars and 5 stars.
The Hyundai HY2000si is among the best low priced inverted generators on the market, considering that more often than not, devices with similar features typically cost a few hundred dollars more. In fact, if you are currently shopping around for an inverted generator, you will notice plenty of models in a higher price range that have received a bundle of bad reviews.
A trump card of the model consists of its ability to produce a clean alternative power source, a feat made possible by its 4 stroke engine as well as the exhaust mechanism. Let’s not forget that this Hyundai model has been approved in Canada. Lastly, the built-in inverter is an all-time customer favorite element, since they do not have to worry about problems while using sensitive electronics anymore.
In addition to not being available for residents of California, the reported drawback for this model was that it is relatively louder compared to other Hyundai models. However, since the noise level does not go exceed 65 decibels, relatively loud in this context implies that you will be able to hear its engine while it is operating and not that it is deafening.
Packing a powerful motor in a sleek, blue and grey polypropylene frame, the Hyundai HY2000si represents a good purchase, not only due to its high affordability, but also because this unit is able to provide all the advantages its manufacturer boasts.